Thank you for your interest in nextMEDIA Toronto. Please direct all accreditation and/or interview requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
Digi Awards Media Accreditation must be requested separately from nextMEDIA Toronto. If you also wish to obtain a Media Pass for The Digi Awards please direct all requests to email@example.com
All members of the media may apply to become accredited to attend nextMEDIA Toronto 2012. However, space is limited and there are only a limited number of press passes available.
Applicants for media accreditation are asked to follow these guidelines:
- Submit a brief (50-words max.) bio.
- Indicate the size of your audience such as the blog or organization"s readership, page views, etc.
- Outline the topics, people or ideas you are interested in covering.
- Provide a summary of how you plan to cover the event including a clear description of what kind of coverage you wish to provide during the event.
- Include contact e-mail, phone number and address in case we need to contact you to clarify anything outlined above.
Send materials requested above firstname.lastname@example.org
Media accreditation for nextMEDIA 2012 will be decided based upon the following criteria:
- Fit of publication to nextMEDIA 2012 topics and speakers
- Quality of applicant"s personal output and that of his/her media outlet
- Audience reach of media outlet(s)
- Proposed coverage plans that generate maximum exposure for nextMEDIA topic
Accreditation will be determined at the discretion of the nextMEDIA Marketing Department based on the above criteria. nextMEDIA 2012 reserves the right to limit accreditation to applicants who best demonstrate they meet the criteria listed above.
At its own discretion, nextMEDIA reserves the right to allow limited, temporary access to members of the media during the event itself. This is designed to allow those who do not have full accreditation to interview speakers or attend seminars so they can cover the event.
If an applicant would like to guarantee access, all members of the media not accredited are welcome to purchase a ticket while they"re still available.
Registration and accommodation
A few days after your press registration request is accepted, you will receive a personal login and password by email which will allow you to book your hotel online and contact participants through the Online Community which has the contact details of all attending professionals.
How do I obtain press accreditation?
To obtain press accreditation for the show you are required to work as a professional journalist for a relevant publication and comply with our set of criteria. The nextMEDIA reserves the right to grant press registration or not depending on these criteria.
How do I pick up my press badge?
- If you are granted accreditation for nextMEDIA 2012, you will be sent a registration link enabling you to register for the event online.
- Your press badge must be collected in Toronto at nextMEDIA at the Press Registration desk when you arrive.
- If you have not registered using the link, please be prepared to present current information speaking to your status as a member of the press, including, but not limited to: a recent published article, a notice from the editor and chief of your publication
How long before nextMEDIA 2012 can I obtain press registration?
- You can apply for accreditation at any time before November 30, 2012. Should you wish to register after that, please contact our PR team
What does my press status give me access to during nextMEDIA 2012?
- Press registration gives you access to all sessions, awards and social events (unless stipulated "invitation only").
- Press registration gives you access to the designated Press Room at the Carlu.
- Press registration gives you front line access to the Digi Awards gala, as well as all sessions and panels during nextMEDIA 2012.
What are the services that you provide journalists during nextMEDIA?
- Accredited journalists have access to the Press Room at the Carlu which includes an editorial room equipped with PC computers, Internet connections, a printer and the assistance of a permanent staff member.
- Should journalists wish to arrange for pre-event or onsite one-on-one interviews, these will be arranged by the nextMEDIA 2012 PR Team
How should I be using the .connect tool?
- If you wish to view the delegate list and arrange for meetings via our "Email a Delegate" tool, you may do so by logging in with your email address and you 5-number PIN.
- The Meeting Exchange tool is not to be used to book interviews. This tool is strictly for delegates wishing to meet with Executives for business purposes. If you wish to interview an Executive, contact the nextMEDIA 2012 PR Team at email@example.com
What do I do if I lose my .connect personal login and password?
- Your username for .connect is the email address you used to register, and the 5-digit pin that was sent to you upon registration.
Can you help me find accommodation?
If you are a registered journalist we can help you find accommodation. We advise that you organize accommodation as early as possible.